It's time for the annual big 4th of July celebration at Indian Spring Park in downtown Waco! The City of Waco is expecting a big crowd this years. If you're planning on seeing the fireworks show, Here's the rundown on the events, if you're planning to attend this year:
- H-E-B Fireworks show will start at 10pm
- If you're a photographer and planning to get some great fireworks shots, the place that I have found to get snaps of the show is to stand on Franklin Ave. facing the Suspension Bridge. But you need to get there early and set up, it fills up quick
- Other great viewing spots include the river bank along MLK Drive Also on Washington Ave. in front of the Waco Convention Center
Free parking is available throughout downtown Waco. No parking on street medians. If you want a great spot, try the parking lot at the farmer's market.
There will also be various spots for paid parking.
University Parks Drive from Bosque Boulevard to Franklin Avenue, The Washington Avenue Bridge, The Franklin Avenue Bridge, and portions of Barron Avenue and Jefferson Avenue
Waco police offers will be on hand to provide security and traffic control.
EMS will be located at Franklin & University Parks, Washington & University Parks & The Suspension Bridge
Concert & Entertainment
- "Blaze of Glory" will be performing for the Bon -Jovi experience
- Also the 36th Infantry Division Band
- The 3rd Annual Corndog Classic will be at 7:50pm on the main stage. To enter call 254-750-5627
- They'll be stuff for the kiddos to do as well
Dos, Don'ts & Other
- No pets, umbrellas, glass bottles or fireworks
- Coolers, small backpacks, and blankets are allowed
- Food and drinks will be on sale at various locations. BBQ, burgers, hotdogs, nachos, etc...
- An ATM will be located near the food area
I like to get there extra early to find a good parking spot and then head to one of the local restaurants in downtown to grab a bite to eat before heading down to the Suspension Bridge for all the activities.
Waco is expecting a large crowd this year since the 4th of July falls on a Friday this year. Hopefully the show won't fizzle out and malfunction like it did last year. See story: Fireworks Malfunction