It's a big day for Baylor and the entire Waco area. McLane Stadium will host its first football game when Baylor University will take on SMU on August 31, 2014.
Rewind a few days before though to Thursday, August 28th... The new iconic stadium will play host to another big event, The "Traditions Rally". The crowd for this years Traditions Rally should be huge, in part because it's also the kick off for the new $260 million dollar stadium that rises above the banks of the Brazos River.
The public will get its first glimpse on what most certainly will be the catalyst for transforming downtown Waco and the whole Brazos River area.
If you're making plans to attend the big bash, here's what you need to know:
- The event starts on Thursday, August 28th
- Gates will open at 5:30.
- The rally will start at 7:30 with a pep rally
- American Idol winner phillip phillips will put on the concert for attendees
- The night will end with a fireworks show
- The big event is free and open to the public
It's certainly going to a packed house for McLane Stadium on "opening night". Get there early!